Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Shopping

I just made my first spring purchases --two heurchellas, which I'd never heard of before reading about them on another blog, and Misty Lace Aruncas.  I'm not really sure what that is, but it looks pretty, it's hardy to zone 3 so it will survive our winters, and it will grow in full sun or full shade, according to the catalog information.  I'll have to give some thought to where I'm going to plant that one.


 Misty Lace Aruncus




Misty Lace Aruncus







The heurchellas are like coral bells, but it sounds like they will flower much longer --coral bells are often sold more for their foliage than their flowers.  I planted six coral bells last year, in the late summer, and I think I'll add these into the same bed, on the northeast corner of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment