Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Two Weeks of Neglect

Some photos of garden-neglect!

I think these guys are a little water-starved!

The most extreme Japanese Beetle damage was this sweet potato vine in a pot.

More Japanese Beetle damage.

This is as good as my coneflowers ever look in July, and I believe it is Japanese Beetle damage --if anyone knows different, and it's something I can do something about, please let me know!

I have spent the day moving the sprinkler from one garden to another, so hopefully some of these plants will start to look a little better!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I don't think it looks bad, at all! I have been watering constantly, it seems. Hope you had fun!
    Sure is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sissy--it doesn't look bad at all, Renee! My garden looks neglected, and I haven't even been gone:) Your daisy looks great. As for the coneflowers, mine always start looking a little ratty as they fade; it may be Japanese beetles, but there are other insects that put tiny holes in them. I don't worry about it too much, because by that time the blooms are fading anyway. Hope you had a great time and that you were some place cool the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete