Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Missing July

I'm going to be missing most of July in my garden, and I find that very difficult.  Mostly I'll be missing all the lilies --my back garden has lots of lilies that bloom, along with bee balm.  It's always very cheerful.  We're going on a rather long vacation this year, something we don't normally do.  We'll also be missing the best pool weather, but at least we can still enjoy the pool in August.  I'm thinking I'll be coming home in late July to a lot of dead-heading.

However, I did plant several new lily bulbs last fall, and two of them have started blooming, so I've been able to see how they look.  I don't remember their names --I'm not very good at keeping names to plants.  But they've turned out very pretty. (That's the tip of my daughter's shoe in the upper right of the first picture --I missed that and couldn't really crop it out.)


1 comment:

  1. Have a great vacation! Though you'll miss the lilies blooming, I'm sure there will be something else to greet you when you return.

    ReplyDelete