Friday, September 20, 2024

Adding and Editing

Apparently I ordered a lot of plants over the last two months 😆

It has been miserably hot and dry over the last weeks and months. It finally rained last night, and we got just under 3/4 inches. It's enough so that I won't need to water today, but I will again tomorrow.

During the cooler mornings of the past week, I did a lot planting and watering.  

  1. Spotted bee balm and blue sage went into the SE corner of the wood shed, with the iris and lambs ear. 
  2. Baby Joe pyeweed was transplanted from the back of the dragon head to just behind the dianthus. I left some behind the dragon head, but it doesn't seem happy in that spot --buds don't really bloom. There is red monarda back there which I'm sure will colonize the area.
  3. Three aromatic asters and three hoary vervain were planted around the armillary compass, alternately. The vervain is more upright, and blooms in summer. Asters tend to be more airy, and bloom in fall. I'm hoping the combination will work well.

Yesterday I received two black cohash, three obedient plant, and three heart-leaved aster. The black cohash will go near the hydrangea, as they are woodland plants, with tall flower spikes. The aster and obedient plant need more sun, and will be added to the dragon head bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment