Thursday, September 29, 2016

Art Charm Auction and Reveal!!

Today was supposed to be the first day of the Art Charm Auction, where the proceeds go to a wonderful children's charity called Beads of Courage. It's an organization for "arts in medicine" that helps children who are seriously ill. This auction is organized by a lampwork artist, Jen Cameron of Glass Addictions. However, there has been a last-minute hiccup with whether Ebay (the auction location) still works with Beads of Courage.

The auction and reveal have already been delayed a bit due to Jen's hectic schedule this summer (getting her son off to college in a different country!), but we're all ready now, and hoping that the issue with the auction will be resolved quickly. I'll update this page as necessary. In the meantime, here is how it works, and what I created.

Each participating artist creates a set of 11 charms --and then we swap ten of them (Jen does the work for this) and the 11th charm is auctioned off to raise money for Beads of Courage. I've participated in this art charm auction and swap four times. Last year we raised over $1000!

The overall theme for this year's auction is Fairy Tales. The theme is intended to help with inspiration and focus. There are many shared characteristics of fairy tales, but one that stands out for me is the common transition from gardens to woods. Initially I was thinking of creating polymer clay charms that were little wooden doors or gates, which might lead from a garden to the woods. But I had trouble keeping my designs small enough to be charms.


So I continued to mull over the theme, and settled on a representation of stones and flowers: a vine covered boulder. In miniature, of course, since a boulder would be a bit big for a charm.




I added on a jump ring and wire-wrapped crystals in a coordinating color to finish them off.


I received so many gorgeous charms in the swap. Below are a few pictures, but I would encourage you to check out all the charms created for this auction, by using the list of links below the photos.


We would all love it if you'd visit the auction page as well, and bid on some of these beautiful charms! Beads of Courage is a fabulous organization, doing important work, and well worth your time and money.

Art Charm Swap And Auction Blog Reveal Participants:
Alenka Obid



30 comments:

  1. Pretty charms. I love the crystal dangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a charm and I was lucky enough to get one of yours. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the vines - I had thought of vines as well at one point in my design process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received one of your beautiful charms, and I just love the colors and pebble aspect. I love the little speckles in the stone and the dance of vines. I have a skirt that this will go with perfectly, so it's sure to become a necklace to show off. Keep spreading whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "boulders"! I hope the auction goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your charms! I am glad you showed some of the process of creating them. I am fascinated by the detail in your miniature stones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful and creative! I wish I'd gotten one! And I love the gate idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those charms are wonderful! I can't imagine trying to work in such a small scale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gate at the top is pretty wonderful, and so are those stones! I love looking through the offerings on the auction site. I've purchased some great charms from this event in past years, thanks to your participation and sharing awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isnt that granite clay the best! So glad you could join us and share the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - granite clay!! How cool!! I am happy to be the owner of one of your charms!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - granite clay!! How cool!! I am happy to be the owner of one of your charms!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're great, love the process!

    ReplyDelete
  14. พรีวิว Samsung Galaxy Note 9 มีอะไรใหม่ ดีกว่าเดิมแค่ไหน

    Samsung Galaxy Note 9 สมาร์ทโฟนเรือธงตัวท็อปที่ดีที่สุดในปีนี้ของ Samsung ก็ได้เปิดตัวอย่างเป็นทางการไปเป็นที่เรียบร้อยแล้ว และข่าวดีก็คือ ในขณะนี้ผมก็มีเครื่อง Galaxy Note 9 ตัวจริงเสียงจริงเครื่องแรกๆ ในประเทศไทยอยู่ในมือแล้วเช่นกัน ดังนั้นเดี่ยวผมจะพาทุกท่านไปแกะกล่องลองสัมผัสกับ Galaxy Note 9 กันแบบด่วนๆ ก่อนเลยครับว่า สมาร์ทโฟนเครื่องนี้ดีกว่ารุ่นเดิมอย่างไร และมีอะไรใหม่ๆ มาให้เราได้ใช้งานกันบ้าง

    เมื่อเปิดกล่องออกมา นอกจากตัวเครื่องแล้ว ก็จะมี Soft Case แบบใส, เข็ม SIM Door Key, หูฟัง AKG, จุกยางสำรอง, หัวปากกาสำรอง, อะแดปเตอร์ USB-A to USB-C, อะแดปเตอร์ชาร์จแบตเตอรี่แบบ Adaptive Fast Charging, สาย USB Type-C และคู่มือการใช้งาน

    SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice blog you have great content which looks legit and very useful for new people like me who are so much intresting in this topic. and also about top 8 best apps to earn free google play credit and google play redeem codes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this great articles, keep posting these kinds of articles
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    SA GAMING

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful message with a good outlook. It was a pleasure to read it. It's simple to comprehend. And, as a gamer, I'd like to recommend a shader pack for Minecraft. You can get the BSL Shaders  set here, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ดาวน์โหลด joker123 เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่กำลังเดินทางมาแรง Pg ด้วยต้นแบบเกมที่นำสมัยเล่นง่ายสล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์ เปิดให้บริการเกมสล็อตเยอะมาก เครดิตฟรี สล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรง โบนัส 100%

    ReplyDelete
  19. slotpg รูปแบบใหม่ต้องใจผู้เล่น เกมคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่เยี่ยมที่สุด บริการครบวงจรในเรื่องความเพลิดเพลินและก็เงินรางวัลหลายชิ้น สล็อตออนไลน์เล่นไม่ยาก ชำระเงินจริงทุกบาททุกเงิน

    ReplyDelete