Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We finally got in (and cleaned) the pool yesterday, although the water temp was only 80 and the air temp was only 82.  But it was sunny, so it felt refreshing.  I keep hoping we'll get some hot weather early in August, but it's not looking very favorable.

The big July bloom is coming to an end --all the lilies are pretty much done, as is the bee balm.  The hummingbirds have been enjoying the buffet.  The shasta daisy and rudbeckia is still blooming, probably because it's been so cool.  

My lupine look awful, and I'm trying to figure out what to do about them.  Apparently they like things a big acidic, so I need to add some stuff to the soil --peat moss will do the trick apparently.  However, in the meantime, I'm thinking I should try some acid fertilizer.

We haven't had any significant rain since we got back from traveling, so I need to get the sprinkler out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment